- Reviews consolidated GAAP financial statements, work papers, footnotes, etc.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the quarterly and annual compilations.
- Performs technical accounting research on complex transactions and prepares documentation outlining issues and conclusions.
- Manages clients’ day-to-day and audit requests in a timely manner.
- Assigns, schedules, and manages projects to accomplish accurate and efficient client deliverables.
- Manages, trains, mentors, and motivates all levels of personnel in the department.
- Assumes a leading role in the recruiting and performance evaluations processes and developing training aids.
- Handles client billing function and assists in professional development projects.
- Facilitates department meetings and in-house training.
- Oversees the workflow in the department to ensure effective administration.
- Keeps the department director informed of personnel and client matters and project status.
- Establishes and maintains long-term professional relationships with clients through exceptional services.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Our in-sourced accounting department, which services primarily private equity fund and not for profit clients, is looking for a Senior Manager. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, review of quarterly and year-end consolidated GAAP financial statements, performance of technical accounting research and write-up, management of clients’ year-end audit and accounting processes, staff and project scheduling and management, overseeing the department administration, and assistance with ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA license in California.
- 6+ years of public accounting experience.
- 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Private equity fund experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective and efficient upward and downward communicator.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Innovative and forward thinking.